Monday, April 16, 2007

Worry

Here's the cycle:
1. Something is coming that gets me nervous
2. I get anxious the day of the event and every time I think about it before hand
3. It comes and I'm freaking out
4. It happens and I'm calm and fine thinking It was stupid to worry about this

Well, despite how much the cycle happens, I never learn from it and it never changes. And here I have yet another obstacle in my life, the road test. And though the world isn't hanging in the balance, and nothing big is on the line should I fail, I (being less than 2 1/2 hours away from the test) am a nervous wreck.

I should realize that once I'm through, I'll realize how not so bad this all was, whether or not I pass. Just like my flu shot. I always think my shots are going to hurt so bad, yet every single time after I get them done the worry was all for nothing. I realize that's it's just natural for me, that's the way my mind works, but I thought about what Jesus said about worry.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:27

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

If only my mind could take that to heart. I'll definitely be posting again once this is over, success or failure... *sigh*

No comments: