Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Rend, Repair, Repeat (My Life Story)

Relient K lyrics have shaped my life since I first started listening. In tribute, I put together a little poem (of sorts) using strictly and word for word lyrics from their songs:

I feel like I was born to devastation and reform;

A road down which I swore I'd never go


And I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
It seems this curse just can't be lifted.

And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because

I gotta get outta here. I’m begging You to be my escape.


I just want to get mugged at knifepoint; to get cut enough to wake me up.
I know that I don't want to die sitting around watching my life go by.

Cause I've got enough problems without creating more.

All of my mistakes keep me awake at night.

I got to get away, get away from all of my mistakes,

Cause I so hate consequences.


It just now hit me this is more than just a set back.

I messed everything up.

Every trace of momentum is gone

And this isn’t turning out the way I want.


All of my escapes have been exhausted.
I thought I had a way but then I lost it.
My resistance was once much stronger.
I know I can't go on like this much longer.


I'm jumping off a cliff knowing that you'll save me.

Sometimes we live for no one but ourselves.

Explore the cave that is my chest,
A torch reveals there's nothing left.


The voice of who I used to be
Screaming out "someone, someone please
Please shine a light into the black,
Wade through the depths and bring me back”.


I need you.
I need you here,
I need you now.


I need you like you would not believe.
You're the only thing I want

‘Cause you're everything I need

to keep my head on straight.


I have not been abandoned. No, I have not been
Deserted and I have not been forgotten.


Deep inside our hearts we know
That you are here and we will not lose hope.


You promise me that You believe

In time I will defeat this,

‘Cause failure is a blessing in disguise.

Somewhere in me there is strength.


I will trust you with confidence
of a man who's never known defeat.

Somewhere in me there is strength.


Never underestimate my Jesus.

I know that I have been forgiven;

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair.


I pull my heart out, reconstruct.

To go back where I was would just be wrong;
I'm pressing on.


This is how I choose to live



What we take from this is what we'll get

And we haven't quite figured it out just yet
Because all of us are all too stuck
Strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up


And you can't see past the blood on my hands

To see that you’ve been aptly damned
To fail and fail again.


Being apathetic's a pathetic way to be.

The truth is excuses are lame.

We’re all guilty of the same things
We think the thoughts whether or not we see them through.


The end will be the end of things
And our hearts are all we get to bring

So let's go ahead and make them worth something

Amen...

1 comment:

AKBogert said...

Wicked mix. Shame I don't have that song from Narnia though (and Never Underestimate), otherwise I'd have all 15.