Thursday, March 8, 2007

Signs

Before, during, and after I do something wrong, I see a number of things that remind me of what I'm about to do, what I'm doing, and what I did. Well, I messed up again tonight. But I was watching The Departed after I had fallen, and that verse I posted yesterday speaking of pride, that verse was quoted in the movie. Despite the fact that the movie had more f words in it than all other movies I've ever seen combined, I think that was God's purpose to place that line there. It reminded me of what I had done, and is just another indication for me that God is there. I'm confident when I need intervention during times of trouble, God will be there to intervene and help me through it.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

No comments: