Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Be honest... but not really

Oh please, you know what I'm talking about. The girl that tells you to be honest about everything you know will not be able to take it when you tell her she isn't looking her best or that dress doesn't look amazing on her. The guy that says to you "I'm doing bad aren't I?" you know is expecting you to flatter him by saying he's doing pretty good or not bad when really he's doing terrible at something. The people you talk to everyday you ask how they're doing when in truth you don't care one bit AND when they ask you back you robotically respond "good" because you couldn't bare to tell them anything more or anything out of the ordinary.

I've come to the realization that we live in a world devoid of truth, where white lies rule. Who cares about what is honest right as long as the wall of deceit keeps me satisfied and feeling good. It's like the Matrix. Enough said.

3 comments:

AKBogert said...

Most definitely. That's why, lately, i've been far more honest...even to the point of brutality. Sometimes people say i'm crossing the line and i guess to a point that's true, but let's face it: truth hurts but sometimes it needs to be laid out. Hence my letters rather than some sweet little lie-laden paragraph in the yearbooks.

Dave The Prophet said...

When are you sending those? I haven't gotten them from anyone who's said they were sending them. Btw, have you been able to complete the quilt square you received for me? If not that's cool, I just need to know.

AKBogert said...

I'm going to (hopefully) find some parchment or other stationery at the Palisades Mall tomorrow on which to compose said letters. They'll go out in mid-August, in time that you and Mike will get them before leaving but not necessarily in time for people to see me again before leaving for college. But that's to be expected.

As for the quilt, i've not. I had assumed that i was too far past the deadline to make a contribution but if that's not the case then i shall work on it soon.