Thursday, June 14, 2007

Beginning of the end of the beginning

I've got a week and a day before graduation, and no school anymore except for a single test. It's crazy, but it's awesome to think about as well. God has a plan for me in the future, and I can't wait to see it out. My biggest problem will be following His lead, since being led by faith is something I haven't experienced for anything so big before, such as a career path and such. Reminds me of the scene from Star Wars where Luke is lifting rocks and Yoda and R2D2. Afterwards, Yoda asks Him to move his X-Wing out of the water. Luke says "Master, moving rocks is one thing but this is totally different." Yoda replies "No! No different. Only different in your mind." Luke's attempt fails because he doesn't believe he can do it. In the same way, I treat big decisions like the X-Wing. I would find it difficult make one of those decisions based on faith or feeling unless I really strongly believed it was God's will. Sometimes I think making small decisions based on faith is totally different, but it's not. God puts situations and feelings and people into our lives to help show us His will for us. We need to believe in it and pray about it and follow those leads where they take us. And we can't go halfway. Yoda puts it best when he says "Do or do not. There is no try."

No comments: