Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wow

So it is finally over. No more AP exams ever again. No more intense studying and loads of work. Now, as a fourth quarter senior, I've basically graduated already, but until the actual ceremony it will only be psychological.
The question is, what shall I do now? I used to be able to convince myself that the reason I didn't do anything productive was because of all these tests. Now that it's over, I have a lot more free time and a lot less excuses to fill my time with. It's funny, I can't do school work when I need to, instead I work on my own projects. When I have no school work and have free time I don't do projects, instead I spend most of my time lallygagging from one thing to another, not getting much of anything done. It's quite possibly the most frustrating paradox ever, next to Hillary Clinton running for president.
Two summers ago I spent my days like spending quarters in a broken arcade game, wasting them. The summer after (last summer) I vowed not to do the same, and was sort of productive. I intended to write an entire "choose your own adventure" story during that summer, instead only got a small way and didn't end up finishing it until just about two weeks ago (see here for the story).
So, as lame as it sounds I vow again to make this vacation and end of the year very productive, possibly the best I've had, in preparation for college. And this will be a productive summer, probably the most memorable of them all.

1 comment:

AKBogert said...

Hey um, I did some random clicking w/o reading just to get a feel for how long it will be (don't have time now) but there seem to be some bad links. I'd go through and check link integrity.